Jeopardy! Masters (Season 4)


⭐ 8.5/10

This is a tournament between 6 all time Jeopardy greats, and it was a fun watch. I do think the episodes are too long, basically double episodes, but it still has the great pace. It did get tiring seeing the exact same people every episodes competing in different configurations, but that also meant you get to know a bunch of them really well. Shoutout to Paolo, who we had seen previously and both loved, and Andrew, who won our hearts. But Victoria, my goodness, I was not aware of your game! She is an absolute beast, and I was blown away watching her breadth of knowledge. Born to be a trivia genius, she dominated so many of these games.

The real reason this gets a lower score is because the guy I didn't like won. Yogesh completed the title defense, but he is so uncharismatic and boring, and its annoying to see him spamming the buzzer when he is clearly to late, as if to say, I know this one too! Victoria totally choked in the final, with some Daily Double and Final Jeopardy wagers I simply do not understand. She's the pro, she's played like 100 games of Jeopardy, but I was furious with her timidity that cost her the title. Go for the kill girl!

I like that even after only watching a couple months we have players we care about and root for, and its nice to see them come back. And now I have a villain! A great series, but not as good as normal Jeopardy IMO, especially since the questions are crazy hard here. But that also makes it satisfying when you get one. We are hooked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Philosopher in the Valley & My Reflections on Leaving Palantir

My Favourite Books of 2025

November Reading Favourites