The Sheep Detectives

⭐6/10

It breaks my heart to give this movie a low score because it's so sweet and loveable, but it's surely going for an audience that is a lot younger than I was expecting. It's got a lot of Paddington which I usually enjoy, and I'm not sure what it was but it was probably just too syrupy sweet for me. Probably it was that stupid winter lamb. Kill that thing and get it on the grill pronto. 

It's a fun murder mystery with a few laughs, though I'll say the solve in the mystery was outrageous and not something someone could have guessed in a million years. It was kinda bringing out all the clues at the end and didn't really make sense in a satisfying way. Also Cousin Greg is the detective and he has a terrible British accent. Just make him American! He's good for the role but I couldn't get his accent out of my head. 

Probably a better watch if you're with kids, though it's a little dark and scary. I loved Bryan Cranston's take on a Gill-type sexy animal, but the arc is a little scary, and of course any story about farm animals is horrifying if told from the animal's point of view. 

Whatever! It's fine! But it's for little kids. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Philosopher in the Valley & My Reflections on Leaving Palantir

My Favourite Books of 2025

November Reading Favourites