Hoppers

⭐4/10

Another dud for Disney Pixar! I thought this movie kinda sucked. It lacked that original or interesting idea that has been the hallmark of older Pixar movies, and really just wasn't very funny. It tries to make up for a lack of humour with that frantic energy that some animated movies have used to better effect, but it didn't work for me. It reminded me a lot of Turning Red which I also thought wasn't any good. 

Obviously this movie isn't for me, but I'd be pretty disappointed if I was a parent and had to sit through this. I think Pixar's best quality was always that it has appealed to adults as much as kids, and it's a shame that hasn't been the case in a while. There is a laugh here and there, and the movie has a nice enough message, and one I'm passionate about, but couldn't be bothered to care about in this case. Yeah, I'm having a hard time coming up with any other positives so I think that speaks for itself. 

Comments

  1. A shame, I was curious about this one. But you are also wrong about Turning Red...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Philosopher in the Valley & My Reflections on Leaving Palantir

My Favourite Books of 2025

November Reading Favourites