Friendship
This is a 100 minute I Think You Should Leave Sketch where Tim Robinson is his typical weirdo character who is lonely because he is very weird. He makes a great friend in Paul Rudd, but Tim blows it! Being a cool friend is hard and not every bit works!
I loved this movie. It was kinda about male loneliness, but in an absurd way where it's hard to actually feel bad for him. The entire movie is completely stupid, and I think the movie didn't review especially well because it's hard to watch such a weird movie for so long. But I watched this movie in 30 movie segments, and had my movie-enhancing substance ingested and I think this movie is best watched that way.
Speaking of substances, the drug trip scene at the end was my favorite and is classic Tim. There's a ton of good one-offs here, just thinking of like, the Marvel spoilers, the drum-party scene, or the son kissing his mom on the lips. All just so, so dumb and delightful at every turn.
Like others, I have a hard time giving this movie an especially high rating, similar to my feelings of Chair Company where it's good throughout, but seems like less than the sum of its parts and most of the gags are forgotten in a few weeks. Unlike ITYSL which I quote daily.
Comments
Post a Comment