Alone (Season 7)
Still, by the end the show had it's hooks back in! First off, I'll begrudgingly admit that the winner was one of the best contestants in the show's history, everything he touched turning to gold. His total lack of empathy and true caveman mindset propelled him, and he did some gnarly things to survive that I have to respect in some ways. But what intrigued me more is that he spent his final weeks on his own constantly reflecting on this, basically coming to terms with the fact that he's not likeable and has huge regrets with the way he treated his loved ones. I love this aspect of the show so much, that people spend so much time alone that they come to these super interesting realizations when they are left with only their own mind for months at a time.
So the show kinda won me back over by the end! It remains our comfort watch during a bit of a difficult season, and though I'm not sure when we'll start up the next season, I know my time with the show is certainly not done.
Comments
Post a Comment