Mañana - Justo L. Gonazálaz
⭐ 7.5/10
(Originally written by Beans)
The subtitle to this book is “Christian theology from a Hispanic perspective”. I read this book wanting to get a broader sense of theology that didn’t come from a Eurocentric perspective and I got just that.
He goes into the history of Hispanic theology, such as the Protestants vs. the Catholics, the faith tradition of his ancestors, and takes us through through the pillars of the Christian faith through a Hispanic lens.
He’s really thorough, as I believe he is a historian. This was an important read for me, and it definitely helped me understand Hispanic Christianity better. I was hoping for more of a dive into Hispanic hermeneutics but that wasn’t really his intention. It was a refreshing read though. I’ve read a decent amount of old white dudes talking about atonement theory and penal substitution so this was nice. His emphasis on community and the poor was really enriching.
If you’re looking to broaden your view of theology I’d say this is a good place to start! Very readable and topical.
Comments
Post a Comment