Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Lost Adventures

⭐ 7.0/10

(Originally written by Will)

This is one of a series of Avatar graphic novels. This particular one (The Lost Adventures) happens throughout the timeline of the tv shows, as a series of random adventures that didn't make the cut for tv episodes. I bought this mostly for Evelyn, but figured I'd read it myself as well.

If you're a fan of the Avatar tv show you'll like this as well, but it was mostly just fine (not nearly enough Uncle Iroh!). There's not a ton of depth to most of the short stories, and the Sokka ridiculousness isn't as good without the voice, but I still enjoyed it.

A few of my favorites:

  1. A story of when Aang was growing up and went dragon hunting with his friend Kuzon
  2. When Sokka aggravates Zuko enough to get him to agree to a "swordbending" duel (I'll give you one guess how that turns out)
  3. The (sad) story of when Aang finally gave up on finding any remaining air benders
  4. Toph vs King Bumi in a battle of the ultimate earth benders
  5. Scorpion-bees, Viper-bats, and Armadillo-bears!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Philosopher in the Valley & My Reflections on Leaving Palantir

My Favourite Books of 2025

November Reading Favourites