The Witcher (season 1)
⭐ 4.0/10
(Originally written by Joseph)
I love the fantasy genre so I felt I had to give it a try. I am kinda perplexed by people saying they liked this show. It was so utterly confusing throughout, though I suppose the final episodes clarify a few things. But during the first episodes I was just wondering why I was even watching this show - they were truly terrible. Just excuses to get lots of blood and boobs on screen. Then if you watch to the end you are rewarded by getting 3 average episodes.
Just things like the handling of character arcs were done so poorly. The primary supporting role has her entire character transformation - from deformed loser, to powerful, to hot and powerful - in TWO episodes. Part of the problem was trying to teach the audience about a new universe, it's long history and also 100 characters in 8 episodes. But with that said I could even imagine being convinced to watch season 2 now that they got a lot of the world building done.
2 stars for the last episodes, and 2 stars for Henry Cavill being the sexiest character brought to screen.
Comments
Post a Comment